1. “High capacity magazines” and “Extended Magazines” : folks, these are nothing but Anti-Second Amendment buzz words that are used by the media to gain support for their agenda… A 30 round magazine for the AR-15 rifle is standard capacity, as well as being the standard for many other rifles. Period.
2. “Hunting” : I’m so sick of hearing “no one needs an “assault rifle” or an AR-15 to go hunting. Where in the Second Amendment does it say anything about hunting…? Where? It doesn’t! The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about defending yourself and the country against anyone that would take away our freedoms and rights as guaranteed by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
3. “Weapons of Mass Destruction” : This buzz word is so stupid and over the top – folks this is a weapon of mass destruction this is not. Any questions?
4. “High Powered Rounds” : This one has been popular with the media since the tragic events in Newtown, the rife that they are now saying that the shooter used was a .223 caliber. The .223 round is a common caliber used for varmint hunting (coyote, for example) and is less “powerful” than most centerfire rifle rounds, such as the 30.30, .308 Win or 30.06.
5. “Spraying Bullets” : folks to “spray bullets” you would need to have an actual assault rifle one that is capable of full auto-fire. A semi-auto demands that you have to pull the trigger for each shot, which would constitute a deliberate action with each shot from the shooter.
6. “Gun Violence” : There is no such thing – it’s just violence… period. By that ”definition” aka a buzzword then if someone hit another person the head with a hammer, then I guess that would “hammer violence” or if someone kicked a man in his “plums” then would that then be classified as “shoe violence”… By listening to the media you would think that firearms have their own agenda and can take action on their own…
7. “High Capacity Clip” : This one just enforces their complete ignorance of the topic – Modern rifles such as the AR-15 do not use “ammunition clips” or a “high-capacity clip” they use a magazine. This is a clip, so is this and folks this is a magazine. If you wan to ban it at least know what it is…